facebook
cancel
register
We use cookies to help us deliver our online services. By using our website or by closing this message box, you agree to our use of cookies as described in our Cookie policy.
use

View Church of San Giorgio Maggiore in 360 virtual tour

Church of San Giorgio Maggiore-1 Church of San Giorgio Maggiore-1
Church of San Giorgio Maggiore-2 Church of San Giorgio Maggiore-2
Church of San Giorgio Maggiore-3 Church of San Giorgio Maggiore-3
Church of San Giorgio Maggiore-4 Church of San Giorgio Maggiore-4
Church of San Giorgio Maggiore-5 Church of San Giorgio Maggiore-5

The church of San Giorgio Maggiore was built in the sixteenth century from 1566 till1610. The church is located on the island of San Giorgio Maggiore, facing the grand San Marco Basilica, and is one of the main sights of Venice noticeable to the voyager coming from the seaside.
Planned by Andrea Palladio the renowned architect, embracing the established renaissance style notwithstanding a Roman sanctuary facade dependent on four enormous pillars connected to the focal point of the facade.