San Giovanni in Bragora was established in the seventh century. It is considered as one of the first churches in Venice. The little structure there now was built in the late Gothic style as a major aspect of a redesign that started in 1475 and proceeded for a long time. Pope Paul II was baptized there, as well as Antonio Vivaldi. Moreover, a finger of St. John the Baptist, a part of the True Cross of Jesus Christ, and the body of St. John the Merciful, are supposedly held inside. One of the most appreciated custody of San Giovanni is the altarpiece in the east end presbytery. The Baptism of Christ was painted by Giambattista Cima da Conegliano somewhere in the range of 1492 and 1494. It is encompassed by a mind-boggling marble casing cut by Sebastiano Mariani of Lugano, shaping a choice matching of Renaissance painting and figure.