Built in the 18th century over the river Siene, Pont de Invalides is situated between Pont Alexandre and Pont de l’Alma in close proximity of a number of great attractions in Paris including Palais de la Decouverte science museum, Bateaux Mouches Boat cruises, Musee des Egouts Sewer Museum, Pont Alexandre III, Les Invalides, Flamme de la Liberte and Grand Palais. The bridge was demolished and then reconstructed in 1854 for the upcoming World Fair in Paris. The bridge was designed by Jules Savarin and Paul Martin Gallocher de Lagalisserie, utilizing the old quays of the suspension bridge. The engineers added a new quay in the center to erect an arch bridge. The central pier was adorned by two beautiful allegorical statues; the Land Victory by a French sculptor Nicolas-Victor Vilain and the Maritime Victory is the work of art by Georges Diebolt; whereas the old quays of the Invalides Bridge were adorned with sculptures of military trophies sculpted by Astyanax-Scévola Bosio – aFrench sculptor. Perhaps the best part about Pont des Invalides is that it is located in close proximity of three metro stations; Champs-Élysées – Clemenceau, Alma – Marceau and La Tour Mauborg located on line 8 of the Paris Métro.